Monday, March 05, 2007

For Alex and Heidi

As per recent discussions:

I work with a lot of spirited, bright, funny, beautiful people. And a large majority of them are peace-loving Christians. It's just the math, it's just how it is. Is the PICU a vortex for that, who knows.
And I won't be at bible study with them anytime soon. But I want the world to know that I have the spirit too.
It just doesnt have a name.
Most often it is music brings out the Spirit for me, so I wanted to offer up an example
where the subject matter so beloved by people I love (and yet sort of far from me) overlaps with the thing that brings out my own brand of Bright White Light (TM).

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rev. Al Green:



This is also for Bill, Gena, Katie, Jen, Natalie, Stacy, Monica, Fran, and Nick at Nite.
And Rachel. And Hanna.
And Lil' John Frommelt.

Further examples to follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh YES !

heidi said...

Thanks for visiting work today SLebo. Sorry I was a bit preoccupied with the task at hand (it's called CN). Well, heck yeah you have the Spirit. It may be "nameless" but it's alive and present. It shows itself as you go to work everyday in the PICU, as you pause on the face of a double black diamond in Mammoth, appreciating the beauty around you, and as you admire this guy ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6P6v4bN ) and the amazing music he creates...