Monday, February 21, 2005

Dream of the Grey Floods

I sleep with my window open. We need well circulated air. I believe in this.
In Calgary, -35 with wind chill, the window over my bed was open a crack, still.
The thunder has been waking me up lately but the sound of rain hitting the wide pool that has replaced the backyard lawn is what goes into my ears and then into my dreams.
I only remember my dreams on days off, when my sleep is not halted at 0515 in the a.m.
I used to also believe that I most vividly recalled morning dreams when it was raining, because my ears were attendant to the sounds of real outside, thereby keeping my deep dream state only waist deep in unconsciousness. The brain can't do everything at once, though we try to make it.
It's the kind of day where you might watch Gattaca.
Water has nothing to do with taxes, but they are done.

No comments: