Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Research Is My Boyfriend


just like titanic
Originally uploaded by Sarah Lebo.
This week's theme is espresso machine research. This here is the Francis!Francis! X3, and so far it is my favorite.
I cannot afford one today but am being future-oriented instead; I am planning, being responsible and yet not.
I watched Return to Paradise today courtesy of TiVo. Vince Vaughn, pre-puffy. Joaquin Phoenix, not looking good. A movie with integrity simply because it doesnt end well. This is what I also liked about 50 First Dates, that it had the cajones to not end perfectly (eg, she doesnt regain her memory-skills).
Also saw Bad Education today, which was hard for me as it contained episodes tinged with sexual tension as well as Gael Garcia Bernal. on the way to said movie with Libby's pal Joseph, got an americano at Zona Rosa and met the barista who is friendly and remembered me by my ring for some reason and her name is Eowyn.
It was a glossy movie, that is what I can say. It went on too long and became a whodunit when it didnt have to, in my opinion. Music was great however.
Waiting for me on the porch was a wee figurine for my dashboard of Frodo wearing the crow's beak mask and orc armor when he is going through mordor. I also ordered a ringwraith for the same purpose but it is very gigantic and ugly and must be returned.
But enough about me and my opinions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny; I saw Return to Paradise when it came out in the theaters umpteen years ago and although I cannot clearly remember the plot I do clearly remember that I thought at the time it was the most gratingly annoying movie I'd ever seen. I saw it with a girl who was my best friend for a year, 9th grade, and then sabotaged me and spread all these rumors about me and turned my friends against me all because she liked the same boy I did, a boy who would later quit high school early to go to Simon's Rock College or Bard, and then a little later be gay, and then somewhat later than that become a priest. This girl had terrible psoriasis as well. And the boy had consistently bad breath but because I was in love I forgave him. Anyways although I have seriously liked since this boy in 9th grade a grand total of six other boys and non-seriously liked a collection of boys that must number in the high double- and maybe even triple-digits, I have never liked anyone as desperately as the bad breath boy that the psoriasis bitch and I both liked. He drew me a picture of a purple cat on an index card and we exchanged bites of sundaes sitting next to each other at Denny's and went Christmas caroling in December followed by hot chocolate and charades. Unfortunately he never fell in love with me the way that I fell in love with him but it's nice nowadays to be able to attribute it to the fact that he is gay. All the same I frequently ponder whether I will ever be as obsessively consumed by earnest love as I was starting September 1994 and continuing through the next few years and finally fading away in the spring of 2003 with the discovery of his impending priesthood. To be in love like a 13-year-old; that would be the real return to paradise. Holla.

Kat

SHL said...

The longing to feel that crushing intensity is exactly the oddness that has been tainting my day today. It feels good and also bad. I watched And Starring Poncho Villa As Himself purely because of the attractive dark haired, blue-eyed young man who played a producer in it.
This morning I had a dream with a kiss in it and when I woke up it was that same good-bad feeling too.