Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I sometimes want one of these to come home to.


Monchichi I Can Play Atari
Originally uploaded by Sarah Lebo.
My Titi monkey would give me a very thorough massage after a long day of pushing, poking, pressing, extracting, teaching, and writing things down.
It could serve me americanos from my (fictional) Francis! Francis! espresso machine on rainy nights in Los Angeles.
It could hide in the closet and come out and say "surprise!" while waving a little white flag and doing a dance.

So, yeah, I saw Bill of Bill and Ted at Trader Joe's on Sunday. What do you got to say about it?

Have you ever eaten quail? I tried to. The articulation of the joints was too human and I couldnt follow through. Little crossed ankles, etc.

Today I was at work, by the elevators coming back from the blood bank, and I was holding a bag of platelets and some patient's dad asked what I was holding and I told him:"Oh, platelets".
Man: "Wow, it looks like gravy. Looks like something you'd eat".
Nurse L: "Yeah, kind of looks like mango juice to me".
And you'd think that was it for comparing blood products to food! But you'd be wrong!
Man (continuing): "Yeah, a sauce for meat. Or maybe clarified butter, like in Indian food. Crazy! You put that into somebody? Does blood look kind of like a sauce-thing?"

And....scene.

2 comments:

JEB said...

Slotnick, Langham, Winter...Holy fudge, I was reading something about Alex Winter recently, but where??? Brain cells destroyed by gin! Damn.

Yes, I ate quail at the night market. It looked so small and delicate and, yes, human, that I had to eat it. Surprising amount of meat on those tiny little bones.

Blood bank, Indian buffet..easy to get confused, I know.

robyn said...

dr. rhonda and i discovered today that 'palpating' is italino for meatball.

holy shit. hey?

MEAT-SQUEEZING, that's the connection.