Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Arcade Fire Version 1: Deer Lake Whoaaah Party

Flew to Vancouver last week to meet with a citizenship judge. Was another one of these trips made status post a night shift wherein it takes me too long to catch up on my sleep deficit, however in this case, I received a single unit dose of Arcade Fire with my bad sleep juju, for they played at Deer Lake Park (a night after Bjork in the same venue) and lo! I was there, and lo! who did I sit down next to but one memorable fellow West Van secondary student long lost and his fiancee whose acquaintance I had - as chance has it - met at a wedding in Ontario three years ago. It was one of those glorious WTF moments. Now they are officially my favorite new best friends. Let's hope I will email them once in the next two years.

And can I please have the kind of relationship one day where I make "ooos" while my man plays strong chords behind me?

No comments: