Saturday, November 13, 2004

The Rev. Henry Mayer Lebo (c. 1969, Courtesy of Universal Life Church archives)

I should have put this as my first picture, because it's the most awe-inspiring of them all. This is my da in his moustache/posturing phase.

Has it ever happened to you that upon listening to a Strokes song, you have shed a tear? This just happened to me (c.f. "what ever happened?", Reptilia). It is not the first instinct/emotion born of this kind of music (that instinct is the one that leads you to drink and not bathe but have lots of dirty fun with attractive people while not bathing).
I mean, you know, I write this down in earnest and yet I know there are legions of holier-thans who would probably cringe at the fact I still listen to the Strokes. I give those people a big finger of fuck you.

Big ups. Thank you Reverend for your most holy guidance.

4 comments:

robyn said...

Isn't this Walter Murch?

alex or eric said...

Saw The Strokes right before my silly self-imposed rock show strike. The lead guitarist was great and Casablancas was pretty good. No shame in listening to them. I still listen to a lot of Ryan Adams.
Arcade Fire. What's the plan Lebo? I'll join you on line if I can.

As for the body pillow suggestion, I've been wearing all the cashmere I own to bed b/c our damn heater is busted!!

Tom said...

Your Da looks very cool indeed. Like a late 60's rock star.

Very cool picture.

Anonymous said...

He looked so good I had to marry him.