Tuesday, November 09, 2004

You jerried the rendezvous.

Me scusa signore! Pero, how do you start a blog? I feel entirely too self-conscious, like I'm wearing jam instead of clothes!
Today there was sleeping in, and skipping a didactic day for my residency and having sort of a cold. Remarkably, I am feeling no residue from the night prior, a night that I think about and feel embarrased, so I do, for it was a night of music and barley-hops-whistling-etc and in which I may now obtain my first "Most Drunken (Individual Performance in a Group)" award.
Some of you will know that It's been a long time coming.Well, I know. And I just want to thank my fans, my agent and GlaxoSmithKline for giving me this brilliantine opportunity. Of course, remember, my 'drunk' is not another's 'drunk'. I still have never won the "Most Passed-Out, Half-in-the Bathtub, Half-on-the-Toilet (Individual Performance at a Function)" award, or the "Blacked Out Way Deep Into the Nadir of Time/Universe" award, nor the "Public Urination Behind a 7-11" award, so we thank the lord for small mercies, and for the rare notion that there are some awards we actually always want others to win. My ridiculousness is apparent to even me.

Slainte.

Democracy for the North of Ireland now!


2 comments:

alex or eric said...

Is "jerried" as in the movie "Gerry?"

SHL said...

Yah. Spot on brutha.
Isnt' it a pretty thing, that movie?