Friday, December 10, 2004

Getting the Geek Blood to Boil

1. Did I mention that I spotted Daniel Lanois at the Arcade Fire show? Pulling his skull cap on immediately after crossing the threshold as he left the show, whereupon he mounted one of the meatiest chrome motorcycles I have ever seen, and went away into the rainy night. It was a Yeah, Bono's Slept In My Guestroom kind of motorcycle. Look for a future review on my mom's blog as mom and sister are going to the Vancouver show, courtesy of Lebo RN. (BTW, both Troubadour shows are already sold out for the 15th and 16th in LA.) I hold one of the precious.

2. I have three tickets to Imperial Teen for this Saturday. One is for me, the others are up for grabs. You can haves them for free, it will be my little Jesus gift to you. I know most of you will be stuffing yourself with Bill Murray paraphernalia instead, but if not, hey, I thought I'd ask.

3. First trailer for Burton's Willy Wonka, aqui. The Wonka bars are the same as in the first movie.

4. It is that time of year, O December! The season when miniature Minas Tirith stash-holders are being shipped nationwide, wrapped tightly beside the blue faux-leather, faux-book DVD packaging we - our kind - have grown to become so hungry for. It will be the last great beckoning of the Frodoiste for quite some time, I think. There is a long teaser trailer for the Return of the King Extended Edition for those with instant gratification problems

5. Very cool piece on 826 LA in the LA Times this week. It is a concise and exciting explanation of what we will be doing when we are up and running.

Your favorite Lone Star,
Sarah

5 comments:

alex or eric said...

I will try to join you for another round of the Arcade Fire.
NYC is CHILLY!
-ALex

SHL said...

LA is a bit warm right now. I was wearing my pea coat last night while walking around with my best friend, iPod Lebo, and was too hot. The air is really clear and I saw constellations with ease.

Editorial said...

I wish I could see Imperial Teen with you. They were my favourite band when I was seventeen.

SHL said...

Is that a dis?
The tickets went unused,
making the lame feel lamer.

Editorial said...

Oh that sucks. I would have gone with you if I was in LA. And now I'm in Vancouver.