Saturday, January 01, 2005

Status Rose Paradus; Annus Nevus

I live and breathe.
Via Friendster (which, I know, is SO 2002) I have been able to confirm that one
tall young man from West Vancouver also lives and breathes in Thailand.
According to his pal, he has internet access, is in Koh Samui, and has yet to decide to respond to my "Are you alive" email, I guess.
This is somewhat typical of his aloof nature, so I should not be surprised.

For New Year's, I celebrated 1991. I did this by being slouched under a sleeping bag while sipping Pelligrino, eating those damn Trader Joe's pita chips while watching The Commitments. I think one of my favorite lines is when Jimmy Rabitte Sr says "That's fuckin blasphemy. Elvis wasn't a Cajun" with great rage during an audition by someone with an accordion. That, or when Joey The Lips says "I get snotty with no man".
When that was over I closed the night out with some Twilight Zone marathon and the last of the docs on the Return of the King Extended Edition. In which Philippa Boyens says that if you look closely, at Mozart of Rembrandt (or what have you), the Elves are still with us. That poor brilliant woman gets larger and larger with each extended edition (if you haven't treated yourself yet to the easter eggs on this DVD, do so now).

While in Vancouver over Christmas for a sleepover, we saw Life Aquatic. No me gusta Life Aquatic. The very end tip of the movie made me teary, but all else was flat, and Owen Wilson was bad, and his subplot was pointless. If it had just been about Steve mourning his dead friend, it would have been so much more bittersweet, which we all know is the money shot of these films. My sister made me awesome underwear that say "I Own It" on the behind. If any of you have iSight, lemme know because one now perches on my iBook. There was rain and I went to the gym with my parents and ate dumplings and cold shredded tofu salad at Shao Lin Noodle House and kicked it over two nights with some Frodo and Aragorn.

Now I will drive down to the OC for a sleepover with Nana. She will reinflate me where I have been deflated, I think.

A parade of roses is ambling down the road nearby.










3 comments:

alex or eric said...

You think that's really fair to go like 2 plus weeks without a post! You had alexandericinla worried sick that you'd given up on the whole enterprise of diaristic solipsism and left us forever.
-Your tofu buddies (promise to take you next week when we're both back)

SHL said...

O sweet Hobbits!
You make me feel missed, which is the best
present ever.
I will save the ribbons, but not the wrapping paper.
S

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about accordions meeting
. You can check it out at accordions meeting


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder